My working knowledge of the yé-yé revival is pretty much non-existent if I'm honest - does such a scene even exist? Rightly or wrongly, Laure Briard has been lumped into it by some commentators. Her music sounds like quality indie-pop to me. Regardless of categories, her recent LP, 'Révélation', is a total delight from start to finish. Check out the whole thing here.
Monday, 10 August 2015
Laure Briard
My working knowledge of the yé-yé revival is pretty much non-existent if I'm honest - does such a scene even exist? Rightly or wrongly, Laure Briard has been lumped into it by some commentators. Her music sounds like quality indie-pop to me. Regardless of categories, her recent LP, 'Révélation', is a total delight from start to finish. Check out the whole thing here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Greatest Hits
-
Last week I took a bus over to the town I work in and walked home along country footpaths. I've done the jaunt before, more than once, b...
-
Somehow, don't ask me exactly how it happened, I seem to have reached the grand old age of 57. Last time I checked, I could've sw...
-
By way of a New Year's Resolution, a friend of mine pledged to read four books per month throughout the coming year. Another has set ...
-
Released 53 years ago today, 'Faust IV' was, remarkably, the band's third LP of 1973. I (along with many of my age group I suspe...
-
Yesterday evening saw the final ever Late Show with Stephen Colbert, following its cancellation by the CBS network. Colbert's tenure end...

3 comments:
Ye-ye revival? Not heard about that but I am a sucker for some classic French pop and this really fits the bill. Quite excellent. Love the video too - weird. Thanks for the tip. Will be looking further.
Oh, I must ask my lovely French tutor about this!
I'm with SB here this is really good, enough to make me want here some more.
Post a Comment