Derbyshire born, Norfolk based three piece, Haiku Salut, have variously employed the phrases 'loopery and laptopery' and 'instrumental-dream-pop-post-folk-neo-everything', in an effort to describe the music they make. Lazier commentators (like me) plump for the catch-all term, 'folktronica'. Their second long player, 'Etch and Etch Deep' arrived in the Summer and is an effortless blend of traditional instrumentation (ukulele, glockenspiel, trumpet) and electronic noodlings. Mighty fine it is too. Recommended for fellow admirers of Múm and early Four Tet. Listen to the whole album here.
Thursday, 26 November 2015
Haiku Salut
Derbyshire born, Norfolk based three piece, Haiku Salut, have variously employed the phrases 'loopery and laptopery' and 'instrumental-dream-pop-post-folk-neo-everything', in an effort to describe the music they make. Lazier commentators (like me) plump for the catch-all term, 'folktronica'. Their second long player, 'Etch and Etch Deep' arrived in the Summer and is an effortless blend of traditional instrumentation (ukulele, glockenspiel, trumpet) and electronic noodlings. Mighty fine it is too. Recommended for fellow admirers of Múm and early Four Tet. Listen to the whole album here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Greatest Hits
-
Last week I took a bus over to the town I work in and walked home along country footpaths. I've done the jaunt before, more than once, b...
-
Somehow, don't ask me exactly how it happened, I seem to have reached the grand old age of 57. Last time I checked, I could've sw...
-
By way of a New Year's Resolution, a friend of mine pledged to read four books per month throughout the coming year. Another has set ...
-
Released 53 years ago today, 'Faust IV' was, remarkably, the band's third LP of 1973. I (along with many of my age group I suspe...
-
Yesterday evening saw the final ever Late Show with Stephen Colbert, following its cancellation by the CBS network. Colbert's tenure end...

3 comments:
Oh, that is lovely. Very evocative. Reminds me of stuff on Ghostbox.
I love this song and the sad piano. I agree that it's a mighty fine record I used to play Sunday mornings.
Singing Bear. Hadn't thought of that, but you're quite right.
Walter. They're playing locally early next year and I'm hoping to go. I'll report back with my thoughts.
Post a Comment