Thursday, 21 January 2016
Gnoomes
Continuing the theme of my previous post, how about a little kosmische musik from Russia? 'Ngan!', by Gnoomes, fell just outside my top 20 albums of 2015 and the record's four tracks are a hazy,
lysergic delight. The epic opener, 'Roadhouse', clocks in at a shade under 16 minutes and is worth every
second, though in case you don't have that much time to spare right at this moment, the band created an official video
featuring a massively edited version of the song. Check out the full LP here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Greatest Hits
-
Last week I took a bus over to the town I work in and walked home along country footpaths. I've done the jaunt before, more than once, b...
-
Somehow, don't ask me exactly how it happened, I seem to have reached the grand old age of 57. Last time I checked, I could've sw...
-
By way of a New Year's Resolution, a friend of mine pledged to read four books per month throughout the coming year. Another has set ...
-
Released 53 years ago today, 'Faust IV' was, remarkably, the band's third LP of 1973. I (along with many of my age group I suspe...
-
Yesterday evening saw the final ever Late Show with Stephen Colbert, following its cancellation by the CBS network. Colbert's tenure end...
3 comments:
Yep, groovy beat but, for me, they lose a couple of points for that 'low in the mix' vocal whine, which never appeals to my lug 'oles.
What kind of wonderful music. Great choice Swede. I am sure to investigate for more.
Atypical week when you read (and enjoy) two posts featuring Russian bands. Thanks for featuring this one.
Post a Comment