Bowie's entrance gets me every time.
Monday, 28 March 2016
Funtime
You may well be aware of this, but I've only stumbled upon it comparatively recently. It's a short video comprising extracts
from David Bowie & Mick Jagger's 'Dancing in the Street' clip.....minus the music. The uploader removed
the song, then added various incidental noises for comic effect - and it's a hoot. Apparently Bowie himself even thought
so. This is Ben Monder, who played guitar on 'Blackstar', recalling the atmosphere during the recording sessions. 'I remember us watching this thing...somebody did a series of music videos without the music. Somebody did one of
those for the video he (Bowie) did with Mick Jagger for "Dancing In The Streets." But there's no music, just footsteps
and grunts and burps and stuff like that. He thought that was hilarious and would just have us watch the whole thing.'
Bowie's entrance gets me every time.
Bowie's entrance gets me every time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Greatest Hits
-
Last week I took a bus over to the town I work in and walked home along country footpaths. I've done the jaunt before, more than once, b...
-
Somehow, don't ask me exactly how it happened, I seem to have reached the grand old age of 57. Last time I checked, I could've sw...
-
By way of a New Year's Resolution, a friend of mine pledged to read four books per month throughout the coming year. Another has set ...
-
Released 53 years ago today, 'Faust IV' was, remarkably, the band's third LP of 1973. I (along with many of my age group I suspe...
-
Yesterday evening saw the final ever Late Show with Stephen Colbert, following its cancellation by the CBS network. Colbert's tenure end...
9 comments:
Superb.
I have seen this before along with the others that were doing the rounds. This was one of my faves: https://youtu.be/CDXNfe2W8c8 although you can't beat Jagger burpng and Bowie's Tarzan impression.....
Inspired.
That's really funny. Just an average night of two of the all-time greatest rock legends acting like idiots and drinking beer they found on the street.
On the upside, we're not subjected to the song!
Marvelous!
Possibly the worst cover version ever, redeemed.
Swede, I know how hard this loss has been for you. Posting this means you're smiling again. That makes me smile too.
I'm glad everyone enjoyed this as much as I did. It's worth checking out the rest of Mario Wienerroither's similar videos. I don't know the respective originals as well as I do the Bowie/Jagger clip, but the ones I've watched so far are all pretty funny.
what all the others said...especially Nasreen, SA and Brian.
Post a Comment