Saturday, 9 April 2016
Friend of a Friend
Some may remember that Rozi Plain's 'Friend' was my favourite LP of 2015 - and if you're still to fall for that album's many and varied charms, please take a few minutes to check out the tunes I posted from it last year (here and here). Next week sees the release of a companion piece to 'Friend', appropriately titled 'Friend of a Friend', which gathers together a selection of alternative versions, session tracks and remixes from the project. The haunting 'Marshes' is the first taster.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Greatest Hits
-
Last week I took a bus over to the town I work in and walked home along country footpaths. I've done the jaunt before, more than once, b...
-
Somehow, don't ask me exactly how it happened, I seem to have reached the grand old age of 57. Last time I checked, I could've sw...
-
By way of a New Year's Resolution, a friend of mine pledged to read four books per month throughout the coming year. Another has set ...
-
Released 53 years ago today, 'Faust IV' was, remarkably, the band's third LP of 1973. I (along with many of my age group I suspe...
-
Yesterday evening saw the final ever Late Show with Stephen Colbert, following its cancellation by the CBS network. Colbert's tenure end...

6 comments:
Wonderful
I need to get round to buying this.
Really rather lovely.
You got me to like this one too. This news made me think about how happy I would be if I got such a bonus off the back of my favorite album of 2015. You must be downright giddy.
Beautiful. Looking forward to the release.
Thanks folks. Every home should have a 'Friend'.
Post a Comment