Scattered, in various stages of completion, around the many nooks and crannies of my laptop, are tracklistings for half-a-dozen different Imaginary Compilation Albums that I one day hope JC will consider for inclusion in his excellent ongoing series over at The New Vinyl Villain. One of the said compilations (and, coincidentally, the nearest to completion) features Australia's mighty Triffids. Such is the strength in depth of the band's catalogue, 'Too Hot to Move, Too Hot to Think', from 1989's 'Black Swan', isn't currently a contender for the final running order, though all that could change of course. The song lurches gradually into being, as if emerging from a dense, stifling swamp. It's been the soundtrack to my life this week.
Wednesday, 20 July 2016
Too Hot To Move, Too Hot To Think
Scattered, in various stages of completion, around the many nooks and crannies of my laptop, are tracklistings for half-a-dozen different Imaginary Compilation Albums that I one day hope JC will consider for inclusion in his excellent ongoing series over at The New Vinyl Villain. One of the said compilations (and, coincidentally, the nearest to completion) features Australia's mighty Triffids. Such is the strength in depth of the band's catalogue, 'Too Hot to Move, Too Hot to Think', from 1989's 'Black Swan', isn't currently a contender for the final running order, though all that could change of course. The song lurches gradually into being, as if emerging from a dense, stifling swamp. It's been the soundtrack to my life this week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Greatest Hits
-
Last week I took a bus over to the town I work in and walked home along country footpaths. I've done the jaunt before, more than once, b...
-
Somehow, don't ask me exactly how it happened, I seem to have reached the grand old age of 57. Last time I checked, I could've sw...
-
By way of a New Year's Resolution, a friend of mine pledged to read four books per month throughout the coming year. Another has set ...
-
Released 53 years ago today, 'Faust IV' was, remarkably, the band's third LP of 1973. I (along with many of my age group I suspe...
-
Yesterday evening saw the final ever Late Show with Stephen Colbert, following its cancellation by the CBS network. Colbert's tenure end...

5 comments:
The title track for our weather at the moment?
Indeed Robster. Back to normal tomorrow - I hope.
GreatTrack ....the week of the Triffids
An almost completely unknown band in my country. A real shame. This would be a pretty tough ICA ... but completely worthy of a try. Hope we see it someday.
Did they ever tour the States Brian? They seemed to be constantly on the road around Europe and were actually based in London for a few years. Wonderful band. David McComb's story is a tragedy.
Post a Comment