Though I may understand very few of their lyrics, I'm secure in the knowledge that François & the Atlas Mountains know their way around a good pop song. My introduction to the band was via the song 'Je Suis De L'Eau (Be Water)' in 2009 and it remains a firm favourite to this day. Before we revisit that one though, check out ' Grand Dérèglement', the latest single from their forthcoming new LP 'Solide Mirage', due for release on March 3rd. The folky little guitar riff is absolutely irresistible.
Thursday, 16 February 2017
François & the Atlas Mountains
Though I may understand very few of their lyrics, I'm secure in the knowledge that François & the Atlas Mountains know their way around a good pop song. My introduction to the band was via the song 'Je Suis De L'Eau (Be Water)' in 2009 and it remains a firm favourite to this day. Before we revisit that one though, check out ' Grand Dérèglement', the latest single from their forthcoming new LP 'Solide Mirage', due for release on March 3rd. The folky little guitar riff is absolutely irresistible.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Greatest Hits
-
Last week I took a bus over to the town I work in and walked home along country footpaths. I've done the jaunt before, more than once, b...
-
Somehow, don't ask me exactly how it happened, I seem to have reached the grand old age of 57. Last time I checked, I could've sw...
-
By way of a New Year's Resolution, a friend of mine pledged to read four books per month throughout the coming year. Another has set ...
-
Released 53 years ago today, 'Faust IV' was, remarkably, the band's third LP of 1973. I (along with many of my age group I suspe...
-
Yesterday evening saw the final ever Late Show with Stephen Colbert, following its cancellation by the CBS network. Colbert's tenure end...

4 comments:
Dang, Swede . . . I just hate having my horizons expanded . . . and two days in a row!
I'm on a roll Frank!
You manage to surprise and introduce me to many new things. You’re right the guitar riff is good.
New French bands...hmm, Christine and the Queens were featured on Jools Holland last year and their choreographed performance was one for the ages. They give you a choice between French or English versions of the album.
Check out Nevski on Bandcamp
Post a Comment