Monday, 26 February 2018
I Can't Believe You Said That
Incredibly, it's now over a year since I shared 'No Sign' by the Serafina Steer led trio Bas Jan (here), a song that would go on to be one of my favourites of 2017. Now, finally, after considerable line-up to-ing and fro-ing within the ranks, comes the band's debut long player, 'Yes I Jan'. It's a sparse, spiky, post-punk affair that deals in the mundanities of everyday life and has more brilliantly quirky pop songs than you can shake a stick at. If you find that 'Argument' hits the spot, check out the whole album over at the Lost Map Bandcamp page.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Greatest Hits
-
Last week I took a bus over to the town I work in and walked home along country footpaths. I've done the jaunt before, more than once, b...
-
Somehow, don't ask me exactly how it happened, I seem to have reached the grand old age of 57. Last time I checked, I could've sw...
-
By way of a New Year's Resolution, a friend of mine pledged to read four books per month throughout the coming year. Another has set ...
-
Released 53 years ago today, 'Faust IV' was, remarkably, the band's third LP of 1973. I (along with many of my age group I suspe...
-
Yesterday evening saw the final ever Late Show with Stephen Colbert, following its cancellation by the CBS network. Colbert's tenure end...

2 comments:
Blown away. I get your post-punk reference but almost too good to get that label. Such clean production, and those vocals! Wow!
Love this one TS....gonna check out more! How you doing.
Post a Comment