Monday, 1 April 2019
Monday Long Song
82 year old Japanese drummer Takeshi Inomata has contributed to over 300 recordings during his long career. 'Theme - Mustache' is track one side one from his very first LP, 'Sounds of Sounds Ltd', released way back in 1970. After 2 minutes of random introductory noodlings, the tune suddenly blossoms into a tight funk workout, incorporating impressive guitar, organ, flute and, of course, drum solos. Then, at around 6.25, a sleazy horn overture clears a path for....well, if you saw that coming, I certainly didn't. Remember, this was 1970.
Takeshi Inomata & Sound Ltd - Theme-Mustache
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Greatest Hits
-
Last week I took a bus over to the town I work in and walked home along country footpaths. I've done the jaunt before, more than once, b...
-
Somehow, don't ask me exactly how it happened, I seem to have reached the grand old age of 57. Last time I checked, I could've sw...
-
By way of a New Year's Resolution, a friend of mine pledged to read four books per month throughout the coming year. Another has set ...
-
Released 53 years ago today, 'Faust IV' was, remarkably, the band's third LP of 1973. I (along with many of my age group I suspe...
-
Yesterday evening saw the final ever Late Show with Stephen Colbert, following its cancellation by the CBS network. Colbert's tenure end...

2 comments:
One more forgotten gem on MLS. Thanks for bringing it back to my Memory Swede
My goodness, so many moods going on in this one. That percussion was way ahead of its time. Going back for another listen. And, yes, that cover was a shocker, but it works. I feel like it's the time to decompress after the wild ride.
Post a Comment