Monday, 22 June 2020
Monday Long Song
Pianist Keith Tippett, who died last week at the age of 72, has been a hugely respected pillar of British jazz, jazz-rock and prog since the early 1970s. Robert Fripp hired him to play on three early King Crimson albums 'In the Wake of Poseidon', 'Lizard' and 'Islands' and also produced two of Tippett's own long players, 'Blueprint' in 1972 and 'Ovary Lodge' the following year. The contemplative 'Song' opens proceedings on 'Blueprint'.
Keith Tippett - Song
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Greatest Hits
-
Last week I took a bus over to the town I work in and walked home along country footpaths. I've done the jaunt before, more than once, b...
-
Somehow, don't ask me exactly how it happened, I seem to have reached the grand old age of 57. Last time I checked, I could've sw...
-
By way of a New Year's Resolution, a friend of mine pledged to read four books per month throughout the coming year. Another has set ...
-
Released 53 years ago today, 'Faust IV' was, remarkably, the band's third LP of 1973. I (along with many of my age group I suspe...
-
Yesterday evening saw the final ever Late Show with Stephen Colbert, following its cancellation by the CBS network. Colbert's tenure end...

3 comments:
I like that Swede.
When I was 14/15 I had In The Wake Of Poseidon and Islands if you played them to me now I don't think I would recognise a single track. I do remember In The Wake of Poseidon had a textured cover
I have never knowingly listened to King Crimson and am about to lose that particular cherry.
Thanks for this, it's a beautiful way to remember Tippett, he will be missed.
Post a Comment