Last week's Edinburgh blogging meet-up was an overwhelming experience for someone whose life these days usually revolves around either working, walking or sitting in a room listening to records. The whole trip has already attained a mystical status in my mind and I've thought of little else since arriving home. Half a dozen bloggers of this parish and a couple of their respective partners, the very finest of company one and all, some coming face to face in the real world for the very first time, others renewing old friendships. It really was was an absolute joy from start to finish. Then there's Edinburgh itself - what a magical place. I'd only visited the city once before, very briefly, about 15 years ago and had always wanted to return, though even with this longer stay I feel I've barely scratched the surface.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Greatest Hits
-
Last week I took a bus over to the town I work in and walked home along country footpaths. I've done the jaunt before, more than once, b...
-
Somehow, don't ask me exactly how it happened, I seem to have reached the grand old age of 57. Last time I checked, I could've sw...
-
By way of a New Year's Resolution, a friend of mine pledged to read four books per month throughout the coming year. Another has set ...
-
Released 53 years ago today, 'Faust IV' was, remarkably, the band's third LP of 1973. I (along with many of my age group I suspe...
-
Yesterday evening saw the final ever Late Show with Stephen Colbert, following its cancellation by the CBS network. Colbert's tenure end...


6 comments:
A fine city, and fine company.
Gorgeous photos, and yes, an absolute joy from start to finish...as Martin says, a fine city and fine company, an incredibly special few days.
I'm still gathering thoughts too and really must try to get something down in writing soon.
Sounds great Swede. We went for my 40th, 12 years ago now.
Gosh, you really seem to have taken to Edinburgh TS so I'm really glad it became (after much delay) the meet-up venue of choice. We got good weather too which was a bonus and not that insufferable heat that was going on down south at the time. A fine few days in great company.
Ditto that, TS. See you at Blog-Con23™!
Pretty amazing photos, Swede. Sounds like this jaunt did you the world of good.
Post a Comment