Wednesday, 13 November 2013
Version City #20 - Christmas Number One
I note that a Facebook campaign has recently been
launched, with the admirable aim of getting
AC/DC's 'Highway to Hell' to the Christmas No.1
spot. All well and good and no doubt infinitely
preferable to any of the likely alternatives on
offer, but give me Ed Kuepper's interpretation any
day. Ed Kuepper for Christmas No.1? Where do I
sign up?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Greatest Hits
-
Last week I took a bus over to the town I work in and walked home along country footpaths. I've done the jaunt before, more than once, b...
-
Somehow, don't ask me exactly how it happened, I seem to have reached the grand old age of 57. Last time I checked, I could've sw...
-
By way of a New Year's Resolution, a friend of mine pledged to read four books per month throughout the coming year. Another has set ...
-
Released 53 years ago today, 'Faust IV' was, remarkably, the band's third LP of 1973. I (along with many of my age group I suspe...
-
Yesterday evening saw the final ever Late Show with Stephen Colbert, following its cancellation by the CBS network. Colbert's tenure end...
4 comments:
Just brilliant. I'm a fan of The Saints but haven't heard Ed's stuff. As a fan of AC/DC, I'd have to say this is up there with the finest interpretations of any of their tunes.
Good stuff! And I would like to see...oh, I dunno... perhaps some Captain Beefheart or Motorhead or the Slits as a Christmas Number One. Just for the (highway to) hell of it.
Glad you enjoyed folks. Ed, Motorhead, The Slits and the Captain all in the top five? That's a Christmas TOTP I'd like to see.
Love it, fab version...I'll buy it...anything to stop an XF or Michael Booblyarse being No 1.
A Top of the Pops to die for!!
Post a Comment