Sunday, 2 November 2014
John Cale - If You Were Still Around
A year to the day after Lou
Reed's death, John Cale issued a re-recorded
version of 'If You Were Still Around', a song
originally released on the 1982 LP 'Music For
A New Society'. The accompanying video is a
moving salute to Reed and other fallen
comrades from the Velvet Underground era,
including Andy Warhol, Sterling Morrison and Nico, and finds Cale himself literally raging
against the dying of the light. Stay tuned until the
very end of the clip and watch as he staggers out of shot,
emotionally spent.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Greatest Hits
-
Last week I took a bus over to the town I work in and walked home along country footpaths. I've done the jaunt before, more than once, b...
-
Somehow, don't ask me exactly how it happened, I seem to have reached the grand old age of 57. Last time I checked, I could've sw...
-
By way of a New Year's Resolution, a friend of mine pledged to read four books per month throughout the coming year. Another has set ...
-
Released 53 years ago today, 'Faust IV' was, remarkably, the band's third LP of 1973. I (along with many of my age group I suspe...
-
Yesterday evening saw the final ever Late Show with Stephen Colbert, following its cancellation by the CBS network. Colbert's tenure end...
2 comments:
Powerful stuff. Imbibe with care.
Come back JC
Post a Comment