Head over forthwith to the very fine Charity Chic Music to sample two choice slices of vintage Jimmy Cliff tunage. A couple of hours ago, immediately after doing that very thing, I continued the party back at my place by digging out a pair of my own favourite sides by the reggae legend, 1970's 'Be Aware' and 'Rub-a-Dub Partner' from 1982.
Wednesday, 8 July 2015
On a Cliff Tip
Head over forthwith to the very fine Charity Chic Music to sample two choice slices of vintage Jimmy Cliff tunage. A couple of hours ago, immediately after doing that very thing, I continued the party back at my place by digging out a pair of my own favourite sides by the reggae legend, 1970's 'Be Aware' and 'Rub-a-Dub Partner' from 1982.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Greatest Hits
-
Last week I took a bus over to the town I work in and walked home along country footpaths. I've done the jaunt before, more than once, b...
-
Somehow, don't ask me exactly how it happened, I seem to have reached the grand old age of 57. Last time I checked, I could've sw...
-
By way of a New Year's Resolution, a friend of mine pledged to read four books per month throughout the coming year. Another has set ...
-
Released 53 years ago today, 'Faust IV' was, remarkably, the band's third LP of 1973. I (along with many of my age group I suspe...
-
Yesterday evening saw the final ever Late Show with Stephen Colbert, following its cancellation by the CBS network. Colbert's tenure end...

7 comments:
Great minds Swede
A Jimmy Cliff lovefest today
Never heard Be Aware before, certainly don't recognise it, enjoyed it muchly.
All hail, the great Jimmy.
Great to hear so much Jimmy Cliff today, the man is a legend.
Always will have a place in my heart...got most of my record collection stolen in early 70s could not listen to music for a bout a week....first record I listened to was by Jimmy.
Yes yes yes. Great Jimmy Cliff songs.
George. I have 'Be Aware' on the b-side of the 'Wild World' 7" single. The song has appeared on the occasional compilation, but is sometimes mis-titled 'Beware'.
Post a Comment