Friday, 10 July 2015
This, That and the Other
Three random tunes from the vaults. 'This Moment' by Matthew Sweet, Jah Woosh singing 'Don't Do That' and Big Audio Dynamite with 'Other 99'.
Labels:
Big Audio Dynamite,
Jah Woosh,
Matthew Sweet,
Randomiser,
Reggae,
Tunes
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Greatest Hits
-
Last week I took a bus over to the town I work in and walked home along country footpaths. I've done the jaunt before, more than once, b...
-
Somehow, don't ask me exactly how it happened, I seem to have reached the grand old age of 57. Last time I checked, I could've sw...
-
By way of a New Year's Resolution, a friend of mine pledged to read four books per month throughout the coming year. Another has set ...
-
Released 53 years ago today, 'Faust IV' was, remarkably, the band's third LP of 1973. I (along with many of my age group I suspe...
-
Yesterday evening saw the final ever Late Show with Stephen Colbert, following its cancellation by the CBS network. Colbert's tenure end...
6 comments:
I remember you liking Aldous Harding's cd a few months back; check out this interview/performance ... the first song especially is just gorgeous
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVVtqfuo8Bw
Three tasty cuts. I'm not at all acquainted with the music of Matthew Sweet but this sounds good. I'm guessing it's a Victoria Williams song?
A lot of love out there for Mr Sweet when I recently posted him
Swede, As I remember, more hits than misses on that benefit album for Victoria Williams, particularly the songs from Matthew Sweet, Maria McKee and, especially, the one done by the Jayhawks. Of course, that one had special importance at the time since Mark Olson and Miss Williams were dating at the time (and would later marry). The Jayhawks' song "Miss Williams' Guitar" on 'Tomorrow the Green Grass' in '95 was even better though. Nice trio today, sir.
Randomly brilliant
Singing Bear. Yes, a Victoria Williams cover that Matthew totally makes his own.
CC. It was your post that got me thinking about him again!
Brian. Spot on. 'Tomorrow the Green Grass' is my favourite Jayhawks LP.
Old Pa. Time was too tight to write, but I felt like posting a few tunes. Glad you enjoyed them. Good to see you out and about again. I trust all your computer woes are behind you? I'm thinking about getting a new Dell laptop - should I be worried?
Post a Comment