I'm sorry if my presence around these parts has appeared a bit fleeting over the past few days. I seemed to achieve very little really, but somehow the week just ran away from me. One tune that did stop me in my tracks the other day though, was Charles Bradley's remarkable cover of Black Sabbath's 'Changes'. It's a song I know intimately from my days as a young, long-haired head-nodder, as the original appeared on my favourite Sabbath LP, 1972's 'Volume 4'. Bradley initially issued the song as a limited edition Record Store Day single in 2013, though has now wisely adopted it as the title track of his forthcoming album, scheduled for release in April.
Monday, 8 February 2016
Version City #51 - Charles Bradley sings Black Sabbath
I'm sorry if my presence around these parts has appeared a bit fleeting over the past few days. I seemed to achieve very little really, but somehow the week just ran away from me. One tune that did stop me in my tracks the other day though, was Charles Bradley's remarkable cover of Black Sabbath's 'Changes'. It's a song I know intimately from my days as a young, long-haired head-nodder, as the original appeared on my favourite Sabbath LP, 1972's 'Volume 4'. Bradley initially issued the song as a limited edition Record Store Day single in 2013, though has now wisely adopted it as the title track of his forthcoming album, scheduled for release in April.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Greatest Hits
-
Last week I took a bus over to the town I work in and walked home along country footpaths. I've done the jaunt before, more than once, b...
-
Somehow, don't ask me exactly how it happened, I seem to have reached the grand old age of 57. Last time I checked, I could've sw...
-
By way of a New Year's Resolution, a friend of mine pledged to read four books per month throughout the coming year. Another has set ...
-
Released 53 years ago today, 'Faust IV' was, remarkably, the band's third LP of 1973. I (along with many of my age group I suspe...
-
Yesterday evening saw the final ever Late Show with Stephen Colbert, following its cancellation by the CBS network. Colbert's tenure end...

7 comments:
No Time For Dreaming gets lots of plays around here. I'll be lining up come April. Thanks for the heads up.
Charles Bradley has an amazing voice
Looking forward to listening to this later
That's one of the rare occasions when the cover version is better than the original. Tremendous, thanks for that. It's so good it's even better, just for today, than the two Fall tracks posted elsewhere.
It's a monster of a cover, Swede. Pure soul from the heart. Love this version a lot. Thank you for introducing it to me.
Really rather wonderful.
Well, sorry to be a dissenter here. Yup can agree that the track in itself is a decent soulified version, but... not much more than that. As for the accompanying video.. I'm sorry but this is overacting schlock in it's extreme surely? Sabbath's original is OK of its type, if a little overlong. Negative I know and I do love Sabbath but...there you are!
absolute stonker of a version. This comes lose to matching the original.
Post a Comment