Monday, 25 March 2019
Monday Long Song
Steve Westfield and the Slow Band had a good line in dark Americana, laced with a dry humorous twist during the second half of the 1990s, with their albums 'Reject Me...First', 'Underwhelmed' and 'Stupostar'. Though his Slow Band is no more, Steve is, by all accounts, still an active participant on the Massachusetts music scene. The title track of the debut LP was for me, their finest 8 and a bit minutes. Check those horns as they beckon you into the chorus.
Steve Westfield and the Slow Band - Reject Me First
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Greatest Hits
-
Last week I took a bus over to the town I work in and walked home along country footpaths. I've done the jaunt before, more than once, b...
-
Somehow, don't ask me exactly how it happened, I seem to have reached the grand old age of 57. Last time I checked, I could've sw...
-
By way of a New Year's Resolution, a friend of mine pledged to read four books per month throughout the coming year. Another has set ...
-
Released 53 years ago today, 'Faust IV' was, remarkably, the band's third LP of 1973. I (along with many of my age group I suspe...
-
Yesterday evening saw the final ever Late Show with Stephen Colbert, following its cancellation by the CBS network. Colbert's tenure end...

2 comments:
Now this is a splendid long song.
Thought it might be up your street George - and Charity Chic's too.
Post a Comment