Monday, 1 July 2019
Monday Long Song
Who amongst us hasn't, at one time or another, wondered how a two minute Ramones classic would sound if stretched out to over 10 minutes by a contemporary Kentucky based Krautrock band? I know I have. Wonder no more. Step forward Verstärker with the frankly remarkable opening salvo from a 2017 various artists tribute album, 'Here Today, Gone Tomorrow, A Ramones Reverence'. (Check out more music from the band here).
Verstärker - (Hallo) Commando
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Greatest Hits
-
Last week I took a bus over to the town I work in and walked home along country footpaths. I've done the jaunt before, more than once, b...
-
Somehow, don't ask me exactly how it happened, I seem to have reached the grand old age of 57. Last time I checked, I could've sw...
-
By way of a New Year's Resolution, a friend of mine pledged to read four books per month throughout the coming year. Another has set ...
-
Released 53 years ago today, 'Faust IV' was, remarkably, the band's third LP of 1973. I (along with many of my age group I suspe...
-
Yesterday evening saw the final ever Late Show with Stephen Colbert, following its cancellation by the CBS network. Colbert's tenure end...

4 comments:
I haven't plucked up the courage to listen to this yet Swede!
But I will. Promise.
Go for it CC!
I just had a listen and it felt like I'd stepped into a parallel world!
Wow! This is something new and spectacular for me Swede. Love it and thanks for it. Like C. said - stepping into a parallel world. The soundtrack for a trip to Venus.
Post a Comment