Wednesday, 28 May 2014
GoGo Penguin
Richard Williams, over at The Blue Moment,
recently penned an interesting piece on the
current crop of piano led jazz trios and, as
a consequence, I spent much of yesterday
afternoon checking out his recommendations.
Five combos, each with their own distinct
approach to the form and all worthy of further investigation, Manchester's GoGo Penguin being my pick of the bunch at the moment.
Try sitting still to the groovy 'Hopopono'.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Greatest Hits
-
Last week I took a bus over to the town I work in and walked home along country footpaths. I've done the jaunt before, more than once, b...
-
Somehow, don't ask me exactly how it happened, I seem to have reached the grand old age of 57. Last time I checked, I could've sw...
-
By way of a New Year's Resolution, a friend of mine pledged to read four books per month throughout the coming year. Another has set ...
-
Released 53 years ago today, 'Faust IV' was, remarkably, the band's third LP of 1973. I (along with many of my age group I suspe...
-
Yesterday evening saw the final ever Late Show with Stephen Colbert, following its cancellation by the CBS network. Colbert's tenure end...
2 comments:
Top stuff. Must check out more of those recommendations. A young Manfred Mann on piano?
Wow! I said exactly the same thing (a young MM) and yes I found my self rocking up and down, back and froe, before I self-consciously realised.
Post a Comment