Friday 20 April 2018

Sky Blue Sky


My heartfelt thanks to everyone who took the time to leave birthday greetings for me on Monday. Mrs S & I have just returned from a splendid few days traversing the highways and byways of North Norfolk, conscientiously ensuring that each of the three predictions in my last post came to fruition - we walked lots, we ate lots and we drank quite a bit too.

The trouble with walking in North Norfolk, particularly out towards the coast, is that it's very tempting to take hundreds of photos of, essentially, absolutely nothing. The landscape is wide and open, the skies are vast and there's nary a soul around. It's an awe inspiring neck of the woods to be let loose in, but attempting to capture the sheer scale of it all with my humble point and press is, frankly, a waste of time. That didn't stop me having a go of course.

Jeff Tweedy - Sky Blue Sky

6 comments:

Martin said...

Many happy (and belated) returns.

Frank Jive said...

Ah, but that's a terrific shot, point and shoot notwithstanding. . . .

Swiss Adam said...

Nice shot.

Brian said...

Image and sound go together perfectly. Welcome back.

Alyson said...

That's a great shot - Excellent colours. I'm always blown away by how flat it all is as where I come from we have the opposite. A different kind of dramatic.

The Swede said...

Thanks all. Alyson, much as I truly love North Norfolk, I'd take your kind of dramatic any day of the week.

Greatest Hits