Wednesday 1 June 2022

A Series of Brief Obsessions #6 - Roman Evening

I'm pretty sure that it was Mrs S who introduced me to the music of Roman Evening fairly early on in our relationship, so it was a pleasant surprise to find that I'd been left custody of their 'Tiny Ladies' CD after she departed. The 2003 album is a soundtrack to the novel of the same name, written by band leader Adam Klein. There's a distinctly melancholic feel running through it, grist to my mill, as illustrated by the Lennonesque 'Casework'. 

Roman Evening - Casework

3 comments:

John Medd said...

Yes, it has the feel of a John Lennon demo about it; something Lennon would work up and polish up a bit. I like it very much.

Rol said...

That's nice. And I really like the album cover.

The Swede said...

Glad you enjoyed it chaps. Thanks for giving it a listen.

Greatest Hits