Thursday 27 December 2012

Gerry Anderson R.I.P.

The products of Gerry Anderson's incredible imagination lit up my childhood, all the way from Fireball XL5 in 1963 to Space 1999 in the mid-1970s. These weekly sneak-previews of the future (as I was convinced they were) captivated me at a time when I had no more serious concerns in life than what style of  hover-scooter I'd require when I grew up and whether or not caps with flip-down communication devices would be available in my size.

Thank you, Mr Anderson, for the countless hours of pleasure. F.A.B., S.I.G., P.W.O.R.

1 comment:

C said...

Ah, FAB tribute The Swede!
I'm still hoping to have a hover-scooter some day (maybe they'll replace walking frames for us old'uns in a couple of decades?) and I'm sure that the cap with the communication device is nearer than we think - it'll be adjustable anyway, so no need to worry about size...

Greatest Hits