Wednesday 21 June 2017

Organ Mantra


I've been AWOL for the best part of a week, busy ticking off a backlog of errands far and near. Several days were spent in London's East End, checking in with my elderly Aunts, both of whom were on pretty good form I'm pleased to say. As is my wont, I made a couple of compilations for the drive down to the smoke and track one on the first disc was 'Organ Mantra', the opening salvo from 'Hasta La Victoria', the latest LP by The Myrrors. I featured this Arizona band only a few months ago on these pages (here) and have to say that the noise they make is particularly well suited to a long drive in heavy traffic. Mrs S was unexpectedly impressed by this tune too, which is always a bonus. (It starts quietly, as Peel used to say).

7 comments:

George said...

This is a SPLENDID racket. The dogs seem to disagree, having disappeared off up to the top of the field. But they are wrong!

drew said...

As George said very good. on the downside it probably means me shelling out more money that I don't really have. Thanks Swede.

The Swede said...

George. Glad you enjoyed it, but those dogs are in need of a musical education!

Drew. I know what you mean. After a quiet couple of months there's suddenly a flurry of new releases jostling for the attention of my wallet, which is in fact pretty empty right now.

Old Pa's Corner said...

Here I am back from the dead, been finalising my book of songs, DRAMS. When this started it somehow reminded me of the intro of Tubular Bells. Loved it.

C said...

Good to know the Aunts are doing well. I can see how this would work on a long, hot drive. I'm not in quite the right mode for it at this moment, but maybe if I was lying on my back in a meadow watching wispy clouds in a sunset sky with a big glass of wine by my side....

Brian said...

I don't know what an Arizona band should sound like, but that's not what I would have guessed. Your aunts are reaching celebrity status around here.

Swiss Adam said...

That's top stuff Swede, thank you.

Greatest Hits