Monday 1 October 2018

Monday Long Song


A couple of ongoing family issues have been occupying my mind of late, leaving me with little head-space or enthusiasm for online matters. During one of my brief dips into the blogosphere however, I was pleased to note Drew's return to active service and look forward to properly catching up with his (and everyone else's) posts one of these days. I was particularly interested to see that he's kicked off a new series, Monday's Long Song, and that I may have inadvertently played a small part in planting the seed of the idea for it. This week Swiss Adam has joined in the fun. Given that my own last post (nearly two weeks back) contained a 24 minute epic, you could be forgiven for thinking that I unknowingly jumped the gun, but, in reality, over the last few days there has been only one long song on my mind and turntable.

5 comments:

Swiss Adam said...

Just getting into this song having bought the double cd on Friday.

Brian said...

Looks like you went all in on this one, Swede. I'm impressed. I had my eye on the all-vinyl version without all of the frills, but I ended up caving and getting the inexpensive double CD so I would have cash left over for a couple more purchases. I will probably regret it. Swede, Sorry to hear about your troubles. I hope it's a mere bump and things turn around for you.

Swiss Adam said...

The full on all the extras boxes were beyond my current budget.

The Swede said...

I dug deep for this one, only to hear a few days after placing my order that another instalment of the Dylan Bootleg Series is on the way as well. It looks like no-one will be getting Christmas presents from me this year!

Alyson said...

Sorry to hear that you too are embroiled in family issues - As I think you know I am too, so have had little time to visit the blogs on my sidebar but at least now I've had a look through your recent posts and as ever have learnt a lot!

Hope things settle down soon.

Greatest Hits