Wednesday 23 December 2020

Season's Greetings

This morning, before another long day of retail madness commences, I'm briefly firing up the old laptop for the first time in nearly a fortnight to pass on compliments of the season to one and all. By any measure, 2020 has been a shocker and I remain constantly grateful for the two principle communities that I'm a part of - the gang of oddballs at work, who it lately feels like I'm spending my whole life with, and the geographically far-flung bunch of likeminded souls that hang out in this little corner of t'internet. 

I finish work at 6pm on Christmas Eve and am back in the store at 8am on Boxing Day. My highlight of Christmas Day itself is already set in stone. At 8pm I'll settle down before my computer, as I have done 40-odd times already this year, to watch Robyn Hitchcock & Emma Swift perform another live Sweet Home Quarantine show from their East Nashville HQ. It's an absolute joy every week.

It feels like I've listened to very few song based records this year, erring instead towards ever longer, meandering instrumental pieces with which to carve a path through my cluttered brain. In contrast though, I'll leave you with three very short, distinctly diverse festive-themed tunes, each clocking in at 2 minutes or less.

Take care all. Enjoy your Christmas however you can and stay safe.

Bill Orcutt - White Christmas

David Tattersall - Yes! Jesus Loves Me

Laura Cannell & Kate Ellis - Christmas Night

10 comments:

Charity Chic said...

Merry Xmas Swede
Hope you get a break from the retail madness soon and that you get a chance to relax in your new gaff with a nice glass of something and a few good records.

Swiss Adam said...

Happy Christmas Swede. Take care of yourself.

John Medd said...

And have a safe Christmas yerself. J

Walter said...

Happy Christmas Swede. Enjoy time, take care of yourself and stay safe my friend.

drew said...

All the best Swede and stay safe

Alyson said...

Yes, Happy Christmas TS and enjoy your one day off. Stay safe out there.

Brian said...

My best to you, Swede. Merry Christmas.

Casey said...

I've dropped by quite often over the years.
Thanks for all the entertainment...and a very Merry Christmas to you. ~peace

C said...

Wishing you a happy Christmas TS - and a very nice and well-deserved day off!

Rol said...

Happy Christmas, Swede. Hoping next year's a better one all round.

Greatest Hits