Saturday 12 May 2012

Life Is Too Short For Bad Coffee

A sense of normality returned to Swede Towers this week, with the arrival of a new espresso machine. No, it's not a NEW new machine - much as my inner coffee-nerd cherished one of the top of the range pieces of kit on offer, my inner fiscally-challenged level-headed self won the day and I am now the proud owner of a second-hand workhorse purchased from a well known online auction site.


Here's the little beauty, settling in to it's new home!

Every Saturday morning the comforting thud on the doormat announces the arrival of this week's coffee selection from Has Bean (currently drinking, Rwanda Rulindo). My previous espresso machine lasted a good six or seven years, but breathed it's last just before Christmas, since when I've been on brewed coffee only, however the difference on the palate between the many different ways of coffee preparation can be immense, so I'm glad to now have the benefit of a choice once again.

Told you I was a coffee-nerd! Time for a cuppa I think!



5 comments:

C said...

Hmm, I'm just drinking a cup of muddy-looking instant coffee right now, I think I'm missing out...

Anonymous said...

I could not have said it better...great Lede! Starbucks Pikes Place here. My one personal treat to myself daily.

The Swede said...

Thanks for visiting Anonymous, but Starbucks is an example of the bad coffee I'm talking about! If you are in Seattle, you are surrounded by a lot of great independent coffee shops. Do yourself a favour and try a couple out - you'll be amazed at the difference in quality from what you're used to! Wake up and taste the coffee!

Old Pa's Corner said...

About time I got a new coffee machine ,,,,Monday I go hunting!!!!

The Swede said...

All back to yours for coffee then Old Pa's Corner!

Greatest Hits