Friday 25 January 2013

Local Natives

It's been a very long time coming, but the new Local Natives album, 'Hummingbird', is almost with us. The Los Angeles band's brilliant debut LP, 'Gorilla Manor', appeared in the UK way back in November 2009, a full four months before it's American release.

I saw Local Natives live in early 2010 when their Californian harmonies, rhythmic attack, bristling moustaches and all-round good-eggedness, effortlessly won over an initially sceptical, sparsely populated audience. Since then they have toured relentlessly, lost their original bassist and finally readied album number two.

Here are a couple of choice cuts from album number one.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

New to me. I like it.

Old Pa's Corner said...

I have been listening to tracks from the album yesterday...really good stuff. I want to hear the rest of the album

Greatest Hits