Sunday 4 January 2015

Melanie De Biasio

At the time I first heard 'The Flow (Hex Remix)', I'm afraid to say that I knew nothing at all about Melanie De Biasio. Now, a couple of hours later, I've learnt that she's described by some as Belgium's Billie Holiday (which could be a blessing or a curse) and that this engagingly skittering mix of an excellent, down-tempo original is due to appear on a Gilles Peterson curated compilation in February. I also know that I'd quite like to hear more.




And here's the original.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

As is often the case, Soundcloud doesn't want me to hear the remix (not sure what the problem is) but the original is very good. Nice.

The Swede said...

The remix is well worth checking out. It'd be interesting to see what you though of it having heard the original first, unlike me. It's up on YouTube.

Old Pa's Corner said...

I also had prob with remix but I did like the original...I will check out YT...like you I also would like to hear more...I like her look too!

Greatest Hits