Saturday 26 September 2015

The Furrow Collective


For the penultimate song of their tremendous performance in Norwich on Thursday evening, The Furrow Collective deployed that most underused of instrumental combinations - guitar, harp, banjo and musical saw, after which Emily Portman, Alasdair Roberts, Lucy Farrell and Rachel Newton stepped around the microphones to bid us farewell with a gorgeous unamplified reading of 'Blow Out the Moon', from their recent EP of the same name.



Listen to / buy the whole EP here.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Oh my, oh my. That is so beautiful. I nearly cried. How come some people have so much talent?

Walter said...

This is very new to me but soooo beautiful. Thank you Swede for this.

The Swede said...

It's an album I purchased immediately on release, but didn't spend nearly enough time with - until now! It's currently on heavy rotation at Swede Towers.

Greatest Hits