Wednesday 15 June 2016

One For Rol


Some blogs are given an off the wall moniker, while others do exactly what it says on the tin. Step forward Rol, over at My Top Ten. Once a week he pulls together and posts ten songs on a theme or subject of his choosing, inviting and welcoming comments and further suggestions after the event. It's a simple and thoroughly entertaining idea. This week, his theme is the humble taxi and I have to say that he's picked ten corkers - check here if you don't believe me. After a bit of head scratching, I managed to come up with a couple of additional tunes that he hadn't already selected. One, 'Cab It Up' by The Fall, just missed the cut by all accounts, while the other, 'Taxi Driver' by Tanzanian dance band The Mlimani Park Orchestra, eluded Rol's best efforts to track it down. I've got 'Taxi Driver' on a well-recommended budget-price compilation, 'The Rough Guide To A World Of Psychedelia', click on the title for more info.

Meanwhile, here's the tune in question Rol.

Mlimani Park Orchestra - 'Taxi Driver'

3 comments:

Brian said...

I agree with your sentiments. That's really impressive. Bonus points for including Jens Lekman, one of my all timers. This is a new blog for me and one I'll be watching. Thanks for the heads up.

Charity Chic said...

As The Swede says Brian it is a good read with some great music and funny comments

Old Pa's Corner said...

Strange idea but why not!

Greatest Hits