Tuesday 18 April 2017

Take Care To Comb Your Long Hair


While under the clippers for a pre-birthday trim last week, I heard my hairdresser, who knows my bonce like the back of her hand, muttering something to herself. 'What is it?' I asked. 'Nothing really,' she said, 'I just noticed that your hairline is.....changing', she added delicately. 'Changing?'. I was confused. '....er, yes, changing', she confirmed sheepishly. I caught her reflection in the mirror - she was looking down at my widow's peak. The penny dropped. 'Are you telling me it's receding?', I blurted in exaggerated mock-horror. She briefly looked a little crestfallen at having even mentioned the subject, until I laughed, diffusing the moment. My once dark locks have long since turned silver, but still seem to grow quickly and relatively densely. The barnet may be thinning slightly on top, but my hairdresser is assured of my continuing custom for a good while yet.

I walked the short distance home whistling 'Take Care (To Comb Your Long Hair)' from Ty Segall's latest, self-titled LP (available here). Ty's catalogue is sprawling and increases in size on an almost monthly basis, but this one is right out of his top drawer.

Ty Segall - Take Care (To Comb Your Long Hair)

8 comments:

Walter said...

Don't worry mate. This will happen to many of us.

drew said...

My hairdresser no longer bothers with the mirror as he can no longer hide the penalty spot that is appearing.

Love a bit of Ty Seagall but difficult to keep up with all the releases.

Alyson said...

As of last year Mr WIAA no longer needs to visit the hairdresser and a pair of self-administered clippers now do the job - Considering one of his nicknames when he was young was "bouffant" this hurt! Hope you enjoyed the birthday break and a nice tune here.

Anonymous said...

Oh, mine more than receded a while back. I now have a 'very high forehead'. Oh well. Sounds like you're doing rather well. Nice tune, too.

Rol said...

Ooh, that's good. Never heard of him, but he's a definite to check out more from.

I have no easy words of sympathy for your barnet situation, sorry.

John Medd said...

Widow's Peak. Penalty Spot. Very High Forehead. Barnet Situation; weren't they the first four EPs by, follically challenged, indie hopefuls - Self Administered Clippers?

Charity Chic said...

Chapeau Mr Medd
To hide aforementioned afflictions

Alyson said...

Very funny Mr Medd - I'll tell my other half that his attempts at barbering have inspired the naming of an indie band!

Greatest Hits