Monday 24 April 2017

Foreign Fields


I've never been one to lie in bed for long. When I wake up I tend to get up and at this time of the year, as the sun rises ever earlier, I usually do too. So it was, that while taking a shower shortly after dawn one morning last week, I heard Foreign Fields being played on the radio by Chris 'The Hawk' Hawkins. Foreign Fields are not a band I've knowingly bumped into before, or if I have it's slipped my mind, but 'Grounded' really caught my ear - an engaging tune with a pleasing hint of digital jiggery-pokery, but not too much. The song is taken from the band's second LP, 'Take Cover', which is available now via their own website. I'll be giving it a listen.

5 comments:

FurryBootsCityBoy said...

Interesting sound. Light and airy with the hint of a dark edge.
Written down that sounded better in my head...

George said...

Great song. Reminds me of something but I can't think of who.And annoyingly the album does not seem to be available for a download-only option.

Anonymous said...

Good shower music. Very refreshing. Who is 'The Hawk'? I always have the news on early morn.

The Swede said...

The Hawk is the early morning DJ on 6Music Singing Bear, seven days a week from 5-7am. He also has a lifelong phobia of fruit and vegetables, apparently.

Old Pa's Corner said...

Reminds me of carrots and strawberries...but seriously...i like it but I would not buy it.

Greatest Hits