Monday 14 June 2021

Monday Long Song

Spells of hot sweaty weather such as the one we're experiencing at the moment traditionally send me off on a reggae tip - and indeed I had one such selection in mind for this week's long song entry. At some point during an 11 hour shift at work on Friday however, a portion of 'Never Lose That Feeling', the epic 1992 racket by Swervedriver, nudged its way to the forefront of my internal jukebox, where it lodged itself until I could come home that evening and play the whole darned thing for real. Utterly splendid stuff it is too, here complete with the equally marvellous 'Never Learn' coda.

Swervedriver - Never Lose That Feeling / Never Learn 

2 comments:

Brian said...

Always have time for some Swervedriver. Never saw them, but I can imagine they were one of the louder bands on the circuit.

The Swede said...

I saw them around this time Brian and they (along with a few other bands I could mention) are no doubt at least partially responsible for the tinnitus I've suffered from for the past 10 years.

Greatest Hits