Wednesday 26 July 2017

Red Gold & Green #21 - The Dubwood Allstars


The mysterious Dubwood Allstars originally released 'Under Dubwood' in 2012 and I featured it on these very pages at the time. When a mash-up works it can be an utterly inspired thing and here is one such example - Richard Burton's narration of 'Under Milk Wood' is laid over King Tubby's 'Ali Baba' riddim with spine-tingling results. Now news reaches me that a third repress of this unique single will be made available on August 4th. Read all about it and / or order a copy here.

4 comments:

TheRobster said...

I featured this one as part of my Welsh Wednesday series, even though I have no idea if the Dubwood Allstars are/were Welsh in any way. But Richard Burton reading Dylan Thomas - that's Welsh enough for me! Fabulous track, nice to hear about the repress. It shows there are plenty of people out there who like it enough to want to own a copy.

Swiss Adam said...

I've posted this before too. An inspired record.

The Swede said...

Splendid. It looks like we're all on the same page. Spread the word!

TheRobster said...

Tell you what though, 'tis a bit pricey. £10 for a 7"? And a third pressing at that...

Greatest Hits