Monday 20 August 2018

K-rauta

It's late Sunday evening. We've just arrived home, I'm impossibly tired and typing this in an effort to stay upright until a somewhat respectable hour. My return to work is less than 48 hours away following a break that didn't go according to plan at all, though was pretty darned hectic nonetheless. I had very little opportunity to check out record shops while on my travels and Lord knows I'm no Charity Chic when it comes to rooting out the bargains, but I was quietly ecstatic to unearth a physical copy of 'Bränna Tid' (translates as 'Burn Time') by Sweden's finest, Kungens Män. It's a limited edition CD-R (one of only 60 copies made!) released in early 2017 by the band as a stop gap between their 'Stockholm Maraton' and 'Dag & Nat' albums. 40 minutes of music across three extended psych-tastic workouts. When I saw it tucked in the middle of the reductions bin of a Bethnal Green second hand store last week, I had to stifle a squeal of delight. £2.99? Take my money!

The wall of space-rock noise that constitutes 'Third War Three' appears to be the overall fan favourite from this release, but me, I'm just obsessed with the 14½ minutes of melodic meanderings that is 'K-rauta'.

Kungens Män - K-rauta

7 comments:

Swiss Adam said...

Woah. Fuck me, that's good.

The Swede said...

Their new album 'Fuzz på Svenska' is out this week SA. I'll get to it in due course, but meantime it, and a ton of other stuff, is on their Bandcamp page. Dive in!

John Medd said...

To go one further than Swiss Adam: "Fuck me sideways, that is good. The perfect dinner soundtrack this evening - chicken tikka and glass of IPA.

John Medd said...

TS - Are you aware of your horrible 'non-robot' verification process to leave comments on your blog? And by yours I obviously mean Blogger: it kicks me out so many times. And my last comment took so long I never gave it a final grammar edit as it took nearly ten minutes to finally jump thru all the hoops. Sorry, rant over! And, in case you couldn't tell, I was enthralled by that 14 minute sonic cathedral of sound!

The Swede said...

No I wasn't aware of that John - I certainly didn't set it up. I thought it was just a tick box to prove that you're human? I'll have a look and see if there is anything I can do. Glad you enjoyed the choon.

Anonymous said...

Thought I saw my comment published, but it just disappeared. Welcome back, Mr. S. Any more jazz in the pipeline?

The Swede said...

Hi Marie. Great to hear from you. Oh yes, there'll be more jazz!

Greatest Hits