Monday 10 June 2019

Drunk With Sadness

I'd like to take a moment to apologise for my ongoing low profile round these parts and more importantly offer genuine, heartfelt gratitude to those who have enquired after my well-being during my absence. The truth of the matter is that after 14 years together, Mrs S and I have separated and I find myself alone, isolated, broken, scared and struggling to function to be quite honest - the black cloud that engulfs me is so dense that it's nigh-on impossible to find a way through. I'm keenly aware that my problems are infinitesimal in the grand scheme of things, but currently I'm totally overwhelmed by them.

I bought 'Over' by Peter Hammill in 1977 when I was only 17.  The LP details the breakdown of a relationship in graphic, agonising, intimate detail, something I couldn't even begin to comprehend at such a tender age. It's far from easy listening, but right now every single line of 'This Side of the Looking Glass' rings so true that it's almost as if Hammill is sitting in the corner of the room, watching my suffering and taking notes.

15 comments:

Martin said...

Sorry to hear how things are. Be well.

Adam Turner said...

Sorry to hear this Swede but good to hear from you again. Hope you can start to see some daylight soon.

John Medd said...

Always here for you. Anytime.

Ramone666 said...

Very sorry to hear this amigo. Wishing you courage.

Charity Chic said...

Stay strong Swede
You are in our thoughts

C said...

You know where I am... always here. Please take good care of yourself.

Anonymous said...

Dear Mr. S,
I was concerned that a separation might be the reason for your long absence. I'm so very sorry and, though it's many years behind me now, I do understand only too well what you're going through.

If you need a listening ear, I believe you have my email address. Please don't hesitate, if I can help.

All the best!

Rol said...

Hang in there, Swede. Sending good thoughts your way.

Brian said...

We are here for you. Sending you good vibrations. Be well.

drew said...

Aw man! I am so sorry Swede. If you need anything please just drop me an email.


Take care

Alyson said...

Oh my, just dropped by and am so sorry to hear this news. Take care of yourself - you know where we all are. Thinking of you.

Chris said...

Wasn't there a "drunk with sadness "lyric by Daughn Gibson? If I remember correctly, the song A Young Girl's World.
More importantly, sorry to hear about your situation. It can't be easy for you.

Walter said...

Very sorry to read this. Be strong Swede - I am sure there will be a light at the end of the tunnel for you. Take care and let me know if I can help.

Anonymous said...

Hope you're maybe beginning to feel at least a little better, although obviously these things take time, which I know from experience.

Jamie

Tinman said...

Words of wisdom from my Dad. "Keep your pecker up"

Greatest Hits