Friday 3 September 2021

Friday Photo #12


I have no idea how my parents persuaded me to sit on this little horse, let alone ride it, so timid was I at three years of age. I appear to be having fun nevertheless. The year is 1963. The venue? Possibly London Zoo, but that's just a guess. How cool is the lady guiding the horse though? I like to imagine her nipping off to meet friends at the 2i's in Soho after work, for an evening of fab tunes and frothy coffee.

Here's a really fab tune, albeit from the early 1970s rather than the early 1960s. The LP 'Dedicated to You, But You Weren't Listening' by The Keith Tippett Group was originally issued on the legendary Vertigo swirl label in 1971. A copy in decent condition will now set you back an eyewatering sum, should you be lucky enough to find one. Even reissues from 2012 are changing hands for £50 plus, so I'll have to stick with the CD for now.

6 comments:

TheRobster said...

She looks like a CIA agent working undercover. Another great pic!

John Medd said...

I guess it goes without saying you went on to devour programmes like High Chaparral and the Virginian...

Swiss Adam said...

Greta photo, she does look so of the time.

C said...

Fab photo! Looks like she's walked straight out of an early episode of The Avengers.

Brian said...

You've dug up another crowd pleaser, Swede.

Alyson said...

Another great, pic and in colour - Not too many of those in my collection. It was black and white only for us right through the '60s.

The woman is quite possibly still alive - Wonder how life turned out for her. Another great snapshot in time.

Greatest Hits