Friday 28 October 2022

Friday Photo #28

Apologies for the longer than usual radio silence this end. I recently hit a wee bump in the road that temporarily knocked me off course, but today you find me freshly returned from a whirlwind trip to the smoke, where I caught up with my Aunt as well as two nights of Mr D's Palladium residency. Irritatingly, my car began misbehaving just a couple of days before I was scheduled to motor South, requiring a hasty change of travel plans on my part. Long story short, I fired up my digital senior person's railcard for the first time since journeying North for BlogCon '22 in Edinburgh and let the train take the strain. Attached is a quick shot I took early doors, while waiting at a railway station with a ticket for my destination.

Today's soundtrack is provided by Chris Barber's Soul Band, who are joined on this very groovy 1965 single by legend of the Hammond organ, Brian Auger.

Chris Barber's Soul Band - Morning Train

7 comments:

Charity Chic said...

Glad you have recovered from your bump Swede. Hope you enjoyed His Bobness

Alyson said...

As I see what you did there with the ticket for your destination!

Glad all went well in the end and that you clocked up yet more Bob gigs. As for the Chris Barber tune, appropriate for your picture indeed.

John Medd said...

I always worry when people talk about a 'bump in the road;' that was the euphemism I would deploy when things were actually a lot worse than I was letting on.
Anyway, good to see you back in harness. I always love reading about your Zimmerman pilgrimages; you go and see Bob Dylan so the likes of me don't have to and I thank you for that!
That said, I know you derive great pleasure from these acts of veneration, so who am I to knock your faith. Loving the Barber tune btw. J x

Swiss Adam said...

Lovely lines in the photo. Bob had a ton of train songs didn't he. I saw Dylan back in the 00s and was glad I went even if I've never felt the urge to go again.

C said...

So sorry to hear about that bump, TS. Hope the road is much more smooth now, and glad that you got to see your man Mr Z again.
I love a good train, and a good train song too - this is wonderfully groovy. Love the lines in the photo too, very striking. Reminds me of learning about the 'vanishing point' in art lessons about perspective too!

The Swede said...

'...you go and see Bob Dylan so the likes of me don't have to and I thank you for that... Your comment had me laughing out loud John! Considering my recent pair of shows were Numbers 67 & 68, I reckon I must've done my bit for society at large by now!

Thanks everyone for the positive comments on the photo and Chris Barber tune.

Rol said...

Good to see you back and glad the car trouble didn't get in the way of your journey.

Like the tune - as I get older and realise how much music I still want to listen to, I'm more appreciative of 2 1/2 minute tunes.

Greatest Hits