Monday, 8 July 2019
Monday Long Song
The catalogue of the splendidly monikered Dire Wolves (Just Exactly Perfect Sisters Band) is deep and daunting, featuring as it does a large number of bafflingly obscure cassette releases on a multitude of different labels, going back to 2009. I'm sure I'm not alone in hoping for some form of more readily available reissue program in the not too distant future. Fortunately, over the past couple of years, the band has begun to put out some of their new music on vinyl, although other limited releases continue to appear alongside these 'official' recordings. Long story short - it's confusing. What isn't confusing, or daunting, is the quality of the band's output. 2017's 'Excursions to Cloudland' , a masterpiece of cosmic freakoutery, has recently been joined by its far-out follow up on Beyond Beyond is Beyond Records, 'Grow Towards the Light'.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Greatest Hits
-
Howdy one and all. I hope I find everyone in good health in these strange and uncertain times. My recent (and probably ongoing) low profi...
-
Over the past few weeks of lockdown, a number of blogging chums have shared glimpses of their daily walks, bike rides or runs. Most recen...
-
I've had a lot of overtime recently, covering a mixture of staff sickness and colleagues finally feeling able to make some use of the...
-
Well that certainly took a lot longer than expected. Exactly one month on from my move, broadband has finally arrived at the all new Swede ...
-
Chief Stephen Osita Osadebe was a Nigerian highlife musician and bandleader, whose career stretched over 40 years until his death in 2007 a...

2 comments:
Yeah, I could get into this.
'Tis a splendid thing SA.
Post a Comment