Monday 28 October 2019

Monday Long Song


My thanks go to our mutual chum Brian for alerting me to the delights of House Deposit. The Australian four piece come heavily recommended if you dig fab combos such as Goon Sax, The Stroppies, Community Radio, The Chills and Chook Race. The only physical manifestation of their debut full length release 'Reward For Effort' is, frustratingly, on cassette, one of which is currently winging its way in my direction from the other side of the world. Fear not though, a digital copy of the eight track release will only set you back a little under four quid. It's a jangly, melancholic treat and well worth every penny. Check out the whole album here.

3 comments:

drew said...

good stuff Swede.

Swiss Adam said...

Thank you, enjoyed that.

Brian said...

Thanks for the mention, pal. You are getting the cassette? Wow! I'm impressed. I settled for the digital copy, which I never do if there is a physical option, but that option being a tape and all, well, you get the picture. Let me know how it sounds. Maybe I can be swayed. Actually, now that I think about it, I did buy two cassettes in 2018.

Greatest Hits