Monday 4 November 2019

Monday Long Song


I'm back to work and back to reality following a very busy break, during which I managed to squeeze in six concerts. More of all that in due course. I also picked up a few slabs o'wax on my travels, including the 2015 self-titled debut by Japanese krautrock aficionados Minami Deutsch. Some of you may remember that the band's fantastic second LP, 'With Dim Light', was among my favourite releases of 2018, so it was nice to finally get my grubby paws on a physical copy of this one too. The sticker on the cover tells you all you need to know.

'...featuring an endless motorik beat from beginning to the end...best suited for driving into tunnels, midnight walks or any repetitive activities...'

Minami Deutsch - Sunrise, Sunset

5 comments:

drew said...

I only have the Hoga Nord singles. Keep meaning to get the albums but the list is long. Thanks for this Swede

The Swede said...

With Dim Light is particularly essential Drew.

drew said...

Have ordered the the repress of the first album from their Bandcamp site and will order the 2nd one next month if there are any left.

Walter said...

This is one of those bands that never got the chance to have a bigger audience. I love them and With Dim Light is one of those records I have overlooked last year. Thanks for bringing them back to my memory Swede.

Swiss Adam said...

Yes. Indeed. Top stuff.

Greatest Hits