Friday 25 June 2021

Friday Photo #3

The main problem I can foresee cropping up in a series largely revolving around the snapshots I take while out walking, is that I tend to obsess over the same subject matter - time and again. So this is a heads-up, expect to see plenty of pathways drifting off into the far distance. Oh, and  sunsets, plenty of sunsets too. Here's an example of the former, taken a couple of weeks ago. Before heading out on that particular day, I had a lengthy circular route planned, but with the option of extending it still further if I was feeling up to it, several miles in. A couple of hours later I picked up the extension and pressed on into the unknown. 

Sometimes landowners play fast and loose with the upkeep of public footpaths that pass across or around their fields. These should be clearly designated and maintained, but it's not always the case. I remember one occasion a few years ago becoming hopelessly lost in the middle of a vast sweetcorn crop which towered over my (not inconsiderable) head height, obliterating what should have been a clear public footpath to the other side. There was no such problem with the one I stumbled upon here though. A consummately maintained thoroughfare, neatly parting the crop and positively enticing this weary rambler to wander on.

------------------------------

Today's soundtrack is a groovy little interlude from German outfit Out of Focus. 'Straight Ahead' was recorded in 1972, but shelved when the band split, before eventually gaining a release on the 'Rat Roads' LP in 2002.

Out of Focus - Straight Ahead

5 comments:

Swiss Adam said...

Lovely shot, the colours are particularly striking.

C said...

Great photo, as SA says the colours are so striking. It's also very similar looking to one through the fields next to us - yes, I ought to get out there with my phone camera!

Rol said...

There's something very calming about that picture. Keep pressing on, Swede.

Alyson said...

Excellent picture, unlike any of the fields we have around here. It also could pass for one of those optical illusion pictures - A conical structure sitting in a field of lush green grass,

Brian said...

Loving the snaps, Swede. I notice you are listening to the Evangelist these days. Still my favorite of his solo albums... particulalry Demon Days.

Greatest Hits