Thursday 3 April 2014

Frànçois & The Atlas Mountains

While we're in the neighbourhood, here's a couple of tunes from my favourite contemporary French band (by way of Bristol), Frànçois & The Atlas Mountains. The first song I ever heard by them, five years ago, was 'Be Water (Je Suis de l'eau)' and what a beauty it is - an irresistible shuffle. Also, take a listen to their latest single, 'La Vérité', perfect pop and catchy as hell.

The band have made four albums and, believe me, it's all good stuff. The latest, 'Piano Ombre', is out now on Domino.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Blimey! These are corkers. Bristol connection? Never heard of them. I've been out of town too long. Must from that old French Quarter over Hartcliffe way! ;) Thanks for thew intro.

The Swede said...

I think François was a Bristol resident when he formed the band in 2005, but he apparently now lives in Belgium. In addition to the day job, by all accounts he also puts out solo lo-fi CDr's and cassettes. I've yet to hear any of this material though, so if you're ever back in Bristol and spot one of these rarities knocking about, spare a thought for yer old mate Swede and pick it up for me!

C said...

Yes! Loving the French theme! (Also SB's playlist).
Sadly missing my French classes at the mo as I just can't make time for them. I'll have to make up for that this way...

Anonymous said...

If I get the chance to have a scout around pre - BSP gig in a couple of weeks, I'll keep my eyes peeled!

Old Pa's Corner said...

What a morning this has been I have been introduced to some stunning stuff. Be water just creeps up and grabs you. the new tyrack is not too shabby either....I am off to Spotify to check more out. Mercy beaucoup Mon ami!

Greatest Hits