As I believe I've mentioned before, I possess an inordinate number of left feet and am consequently a confirmed non-dancer. Last Tuesday evening, however, in a darkened room full of strangers, I found myself unconsciously cutting, what can only be described as, a rug. It probably wasn't a pretty sight, but blame it on Tinariwen. Standing still just wasn't an option. (Read a great review of the concert here.)
Tuesday, 2 September 2014
Tinariwen
As I believe I've mentioned before, I possess an inordinate number of left feet and am consequently a confirmed non-dancer. Last Tuesday evening, however, in a darkened room full of strangers, I found myself unconsciously cutting, what can only be described as, a rug. It probably wasn't a pretty sight, but blame it on Tinariwen. Standing still just wasn't an option. (Read a great review of the concert here.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Greatest Hits
-
Last week I took a bus over to the town I work in and walked home along country footpaths. I've done the jaunt before, more than once, b...
-
Somehow, don't ask me exactly how it happened, I seem to have reached the grand old age of 57. Last time I checked, I could've sw...
-
Released 53 years ago today, 'Faust IV' was, remarkably, the band's third LP of 1973. I (along with many of my age group I suspe...
-
Yesterday evening saw the final ever Late Show with Stephen Colbert, following its cancellation by the CBS network. Colbert's tenure end...
-
By way of a New Year's Resolution, a friend of mine pledged to read four books per month throughout the coming year. Another has set ...
.jpg)
4 comments:
Saw them a couple of weeks back and it wasnt just my feet that moved - unnacountably i felt that I had to do the hand dancy thing that their dancer/singer does. I couldnt help but think he looked a bit like a moustachioed desert version of Bez. Glad you enjoyed them !
The 'Desert Bez' guy was fantastic wasn't he? Unfortunately space was at a premium at the packed out show I attended, so I couldn't indulge in any Saharan hand-jive action.
They were one of the highlights for me at Latitude...that bluesy guitar just does it for me...they were on early and not many there so we could get up pretty close...brilliant
Love Tinariwen, a fantastic evocative sound. It's like the desert wind is blowing in my face in deepest darkest Surrey.
Post a Comment