Yesterday morning, while flicking through a couple of recent Marc Riley 6Music shows that I'd missed, I was surprised to discover that Miracle Legion played a session for him last week. I've been a fan of Mark Mulcahy's songs since picking up the band's 'Backyard' mini-album in (gulp!) 1984 and continued to follow his solo career following the Miracle Legion's dissolution in 1996. I had no idea they were back, though it turns out that Miracle Legion have temporarily reunited to play a few shows to coincide with a 20th anniversary reissue of their final LP, 'Portrait of a Damaged Family'. The Marc Riley session was really great (it's available here for another 3 weeks) and it prompted me to spend the rest of the day listening exclusively to Mark's music - solo, with Miracle Legion and as part of another occasional project, Polaris. Most of my physical music collection remains boxed up and inaccessible, so I was chuffed to find that all aspects of Mark's career are well catered for on Bandcamp. Here are a handful of choice nuggets.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Greatest Hits
-
Howdy one and all. I hope I find everyone in good health in these strange and uncertain times. My recent (and probably ongoing) low profi...
-
Over the past few weeks of lockdown, a number of blogging chums have shared glimpses of their daily walks, bike rides or runs. Most recen...
-
I've had a lot of overtime recently, covering a mixture of staff sickness and colleagues finally feeling able to make some use of the...
-
Well that certainly took a lot longer than expected. Exactly one month on from my move, broadband has finally arrived at the all new Swede ...
-
Chief Stephen Osita Osadebe was a Nigerian highlife musician and bandleader, whose career stretched over 40 years until his death in 2007 a...

5 comments:
I think I may have seen Mark Mulcahy
A long time fan of Miracle Legion, I was lucky to see them at King Tut's Wah Wah Hut in Glasgow as support to the mighty Green On Red. Miracle Legion more than held their own with the crowd at what was a great gig. "Snacks and Candy" is my fave song of theirs.
And thanks for the link to the BBC session.
This is new to me but these songs sound like I've to start investigations on them. Thank you Swede
Charity Chic: I'm envious - I've never seen him solo.
FurryBootsCityBoy: I knew I'd seen them twice, once headlining and once supporting, but I couldn't remember for the life of me who they would've supported, but it must've been Green on Red - a band I saw at every opportunity possible. Thanks for putting me out of my misery!
Walter: Dig in!
Post a Comment