Monday 5 March 2018

The Last Wine of Winter


Sometimes, the first tune you hear by an artist sets you up for an ongoing voyage of discovery through their work. At other times, nothing quite matches up to that very first tune. For me, with Chris Bathgate, it's a bit of both.

I picked up Chris Bathgate's 'A Cork Tale Wake' LP in 2007 after hearing the gorgeous 'The Last Wine of Winter'. The rest of the album contains some very fine music, as do the three others I've also since acquired, but such is the quality of this one song, I find myself, rightly or wrongly, comparing everything else he does to it.

Chris Bathgate - The Last Wine of Winter

(Check out more of Chris Bathgate's music on his Bandcamp page.)

3 comments:

Old Pa's Corner said...

Interesting one with great moments and good title, a definite grower

Ramone666 said...

Tune indeed!

Rol said...

There's probably a series in "Nothing Better Than The First Time" or something similar.

Just a suggestion...

Greatest Hits