Tuesday 4 September 2018

This One's For Dirk

Whilst loitering around in the comments section over at Brian's place last week, I happened to drop Swedish garage legends The Nomads into the conversation, specifically their incendiary rendition of the classic Standells tune, 'Sometimes the Good Guys Don't Wear White'. A little later, Dirk put out the call for someone to post it - so here you go Dirk! I've got the song on the terrific 1984 LP 'Outburst', where it rubs shoulders with equally rockin' covers of songs by The Kinks, Alex Chilton, The Third Bardo and Sleepy John Estes, not to mention a clutch of stompin' originals. Hold tight!

The Nomads - Sometimes the Good Guys Don't Wear White

The Nomads - I'm 5 Years Ahead of My Time

5 comments:

Dirk said...

Ah, thanks VERY MUCH for this, Swede, highly appreciated! Will listen to it immediately as soon as I get home from work this afternoon ....

Thanks again, mate!

The Swede said...

You're very welcome Dirk - enjoy!

John Medd said...

I remember the Count Bishops covering it on their debut album back in ‘77; which opened with their version of I Need You by the Kinks.

C said...

Job done! :-)

Brian said...

Now that’s service!

Greatest Hits