Saturday 5 October 2013

Version City #17 - Elvis Costello sings John Lennon

Here's some thrilling audience footage from a gig by Elvis Costello & the Roots in Brooklyn a couple of weeks ago. The one-off show was to launch the new LP, 'Wise Up Ghost', but, in addition to album tracks and old favourites, Elvis and the band found time for a couple of choice covers, The Specials' 'Ghost Town' (wittily re-titled 'Wise Up Ghost Town' for the evening) and this, John Lennon's 'I Found Out'.


'Wise Up Ghost', incidentally, is one of the surprises of the year for me. An inspired collaboration and a very fine LP indeed. Check it out here.

2 comments:

Old Pa's Corner said...

That was good....I am going to revisit the album...I did skip thru it and dismissed it....but I will give it more of a shot, on your recommendation Mr S....how is the eye?

The Swede said...

The eye is looking a lot less scary thanks Old Pa! Hope you enjoy EC. My favourite tune, 'Can You Hear Me', is only on the deluxe version of the album for some reason.

Greatest Hits