Saturday, 5 October 2013
Version City #17 - Elvis Costello sings John Lennon
Here's some thrilling audience footage from a gig by Elvis Costello & the Roots in Brooklyn a couple of weeks ago. The one-off show was to launch the new LP, 'Wise Up Ghost', but, in addition to album tracks and old favourites, Elvis and the band found time for a couple of choice covers, The Specials' 'Ghost Town' (wittily re-titled 'Wise Up Ghost Town' for the evening) and this, John Lennon's 'I Found Out'.
'Wise Up Ghost', incidentally, is one of the surprises of the year for me. An inspired collaboration and a very fine LP indeed. Check it out here.
Labels:
Cover Versions,
Elvis Costello,
John Lennon,
The Roots,
Version City
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Greatest Hits
-
Howdy one and all. I hope I find everyone in good health in these strange and uncertain times. My recent (and probably ongoing) low profi...
-
Over the past few weeks of lockdown, a number of blogging chums have shared glimpses of their daily walks, bike rides or runs. Most recen...
-
Well that certainly took a lot longer than expected. Exactly one month on from my move, broadband has finally arrived at the all new Swede ...
-
I've had a lot of overtime recently, covering a mixture of staff sickness and colleagues finally feeling able to make some use of the...
-
Today I turn 60. Excuse me for a moment while I double check those numbers.....60. Shit. Yes, I'm definitely 60. If the world wasn...
2 comments:
That was good....I am going to revisit the album...I did skip thru it and dismissed it....but I will give it more of a shot, on your recommendation Mr S....how is the eye?
The eye is looking a lot less scary thanks Old Pa! Hope you enjoy EC. My favourite tune, 'Can You Hear Me', is only on the deluxe version of the album for some reason.
Post a Comment