Saturday 5 March 2016

Plants and Animals

When it comes to dancing in public, I'm the owner two of the leftest feet that you'll ever trip over. However this small matter doesn't prevent me from busting a few sweet, free-form moves in the privacy of my own home. Nothing compared to the dancers in this video though. Francis Ducharme, Louise-Michel Jackson and Andrea Martini each demonstrate intense, radical, interpretive rug-cutting of the highest order.

Mrs S & I have been very partial to the music of Canadian band Plants and Animals since their first recorded work back in 2003. The very fine 'Stay' is taken from the band's 4th LP, 'Waltzed in from the Rumbling', scheduled for release on April 29th. Stand clear. I'm joining in and there may be flailing.

6 comments:

C said...

I enjoyed that - both the song and the manic flailing....

Rol said...

Liked it. Take more than that to get me on the dancefloor though...

Anonymous said...

Isn't that you, cutting a rug in your shorts with lovely views of the sea?

The Swede said...

C & Rol. Glad you enjoyed the tune and video. I've only ever ventured onto a real dance floor a couple of times in my life. Alcohol was involved on both occasions.

SB. I wish!

Brian said...

Another new one for me, Swede. Just great. Off the subject a bit, but I'm completely taken by that Meatraffle cover to the right.

The Swede said...

Cheers Brian. Check out the Meatraffle album if you get a chance, it's very good indeed.

Greatest Hits